I modelled the houses in Cinema 4D, because it has a nice user interface for texturing and I knew that was going to play a major role in this project. I looked at the plans provided carefully and did my best to be as accurate as possible.
Modelling & Texturing House 1:
House 1 was originally going to be the house from the plan below, however my client said that they were currently building an extension on a house in Shepreth which they thought would be good If I created a model of that to show the completed version. I visted this house and took a number of reference photos So i could check if there was anything I missed out in my modelling and texturing.
Because the plans I was working on were preposed, There were some differences for the actual front doorway with the windows. So I had to go back and change this.
I feel more critical with this house model as it has quite a scrambled shape and before seeing the actual house itself I kept feeling as though I was looking at the plannings incorrectly. But having photographs, I could compare my model with them to improve accuracy.
I feel more critical with this house model as it has quite a scrambled shape and before seeing the actual house itself I kept feeling as though I was looking at the plannings incorrectly. But having photographs, I could compare my model with them to improve accuracy.
Modelling & Texturing House 2:
House 2 was the first one designed by myself, I wanted to create a grand looking house which featured a balcony and allowed alot of light to pass through, having the middle part majorly glass.
This is the only house to feature furniture in each room as I knew this would be highly noticed without since the windows are so large.
Modelling & Texturing House 3:
House 3, after having corrected the textures became my favorite modeled house. It's got a real cosy look to it, which my client was very happy with. The modelling tasks on this house itself was perhaps the easiest out of the 4 models to do aswell.
I really learnt that it doesn't matter how complicated 3D models are made, if the texturing is to a high standard, it can greatly improve the attractiveness.
Modelling & Texturing House 4:
House 4 is the other one designed by me. I wanted to make a suburban looking house. It was relatively simple to model. My client wanted the house colour schemes to be separated from the top and bottom sections. Personally I prefer the wall texuring in the previous version as I feel it looks more natural. But in the end I used a standard brick texture for the bottom half.
To save time, I used objects such as furniture and Trees from Cinema 4D's pre-bundled browser rather than modelling them from scratch. I felt they didn't have enough relevance for this project for me to make them myself.
In a previous project I used a downloaded plug-in for Cinema 4D called Ivy Generator. This allows you to place a point on an object and it generates ivy splines and creates leaves. It produces nice results however can be very intensive on the memory as well as increase the render times a great deal. I decided to only use these for the image renders but to save time for the animation, I created basic blocks textured with a bush shrub.























No comments:
Post a Comment